Golden Visa Spain-Marbella PropertyDecember 3rd 2019 | by Ginés García
The Golden Visa with an investment of more than 500,000 euros
What is the Golden Visa?
The Golden Visa is a residence visa for non-EU citizens who buy a property in Spain over 500,000 euros. This allows the visa holder residency benefits in exchange for economic investment.
Benefits of obtaining the Golden Visa:
- It is a method by which legal residency can be obtained in Spain and may affect both spouse, children and independent family members.
- It is fast and comfortable to achieve without going into long and laborious processes.
- It is not necessary to reside in Spain allowing non-EU buyers to make investments in second homes.
- It is easily renewed.
- Possibility of permanent residence from 5 years.
- Possibility of citizenship from 10 years of age.
- The visa holder only has to visit Spain once a year to maintain the residence.
- After 2 years with the visa, you will get the right to work.
- Possibility of movement through Schengen territory up to three months within one semester. This allows the visa holder to free movement through European Union countries (Alemania, Austria, Bélgica, Dinamarca, Estonia, España, Eslovenia, Eslovaquia, Finlandia, Francia, Grecia, Hungría, Islandia, Italia, Liechtenstein, Luxemburgo, Letonia, Lituania, República Checa, Malta, Noruega, Países Bajos, Polonia, Portugal, , Suecia y Suiza)
Spanish cities offer better value for money and greater growth potential compared to other cities in the world. Spain´s status as the main tourist destination, coupled with the high quality of life and at its low cost compared to other countries.
Law 14/2013 of 27 September, supporting entrepreneurs and their internationalization speaks about the residence visa for investors, i.e. the “Golden Visa”. According to Article 63, “non-resident aliens who intend to enter Spanish territory in order to make a significant capital investment may apply for a stay visa, or, where appropriate, a residence for investors”.
The aim of the Golden Visa is to facilitate foreign investments of caretakers other than the European Union, through an agile and flexible method.
Since the implementation of investments in our country has increased in consideration, reaching double in some years.
The Golden Visa will last for 1 year and then the renewal will be completed through an Investor Residence Authorization with a duration of 2 years. In the end, the renewal of that permit will take place every 5 years. The investor visa application must be completed at the consular office corresponding to the investor’s residence in your country.
As an advantage of this residence permit, the permit holder can keep his tax residence outside Spain and the residence permit may be renewed even with absences of more than six months per year.
The following data are for 2018:
- Throughout the past year, 41.9% of the total operations of more than 500,000 euros of non-EU buyers concluded with the obtaining of the “Golden Visa”, placing Spain in the country that grants the most permission.
- 586 golden visa permits were granted in 2018 for investments in real estate in Spain.
- Out of a total of 1,366 international investments, 34.89% were purchases made by non-EU citizens and 65.11% of operations were European investments, according to the Spanish Registrars’ Council in its “Yearbook of Statistics Real Estate Registry 2018”
These are the benefits and requirements to obtain the Golden Visa in Spain. To find out more contact us via email or phone to help you find the ideal property to invest in Spain.
Share this article
Properties with which you can opt for the Golden Visa
Marbella House · Sunny apartment for sale in Marbella House a sought after second line beach complex with an exceptional location just steps from the Wellness Center Plaza del Mar with a beautiful gym overlooking the sea and Spa, restaurants, cafes, supermarket, private international schools ...
- 825.000 €
El Virrey de Nagüeles · Penthouse with sea views for sale in Marbella within beautiful and quiet urbanization with community pool and gardens on the Golden Mile of Marbella within walking distance of the Swans international private school and Sierra Blanca. It includes two private parking ...
- 850.000 €